Senior Game Tester
Epic Venture Games is a fast-paced production team that drives a large volume of content for Big Fish. Our talented designers and producers work with dozens of developers from concept to release, shaping entertaining and high-quality games. Members of the Epic Venture team are encouraged to grow and challenge themselves as individuals, while celebrating big successes as a team. We are passionate about quality, we are passionate about consistency, and we are passionate about fun!
Epic Venture is an integrated part of the Big Fish community (AKA “The Pond”). Located at the Seattle Headquarters in Lower Queen Anne, our offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots. Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliott Bay Trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a complimentary snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
Join us for an Epic Adventure you’ll never forget!
We’re looking for someone who shares a deep interest for casual games, quality and Big Fish Games products. If you enjoy taking on new challenges and are eager to join an agile, fun, and diverse team on the forefront of casual games, we’d like to hear from you!
- Prioritizes and schedules own testing to meet team goals on a weekly basis. Works on and owns more complex features, content, and bugs. Works with stakeholders to investigate, track down, and illustrate issues that are not easily understood. Performance testing and output with defined tools and procedures. Testing of tools, third party integrations.
- Able to create and update difficult bugs using complex tools and creative testing methods. Analysis of bugs to identify likely root cause area (server, client, SDK, etc.). Works with other departments to assimilate feedback and improve bug quality.
- Write test plans for medium size and complexity items, or portions of bigger items. Write test plans for new items in testing responsibility. Plans include setup and use of all tools necessary. Reviews and gets updates made to documentation (requirements, specs, QA documentation). Review test plans of more junior testers.
- Owns progress tracking and assessment of timelines and quality for medium to small size items. Works with documentation owners to ensure accuracy. Helps define QA tool requirements on new development.
- Understands high level product architecture, and why we might test differently based on it (ie. when to test on multiple clients). QA expert in some tools, complex systems, and third party integrations. Deep understanding of platform differences and requirements.
- Facilitates playtests and demos, tracks and follows up on issues and action items. Audits bugs on owned test plans. Owns some QA processes: defining, updating, and executing. Provides time estimation and feedback on risks and workload during test planning. Takes part in initiative project teams.
- Coordinates testing effort on medium-size items that have multiple testers assigned. Monitors bug flow and trends from testers assigned to testing effort. Reacts to risks by proposing mitigating plans of action. Helps with training of new hires.
This is a contract position with the possibility of conversion to FTE.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 5+ years experience with mobile testing
- Ability to clearly communicate to team.
- Ability to complete tasks in time allotted.
- Ability to explain product areas to other disciplines when appropriate.
- Ability to accurately estimate time for test cases.
- Able to identify risks to product quality, release, and timeline and knowledge of when to escalate to appropriate team.
- Able to accurately describe bugs and find boundaries, including 'halo testing.
- Understands high level product architecture, and why we might test differently based on it (ie. when to test on multiple clients).
- Able to accurately provides time estimation and feedback on risks and workload during test planning
- Deep understanding of platform differences and requirements.
- Able to reduce potential risks by proposing mitigating plans of action through extensive knowledge of process
- Can work with other departments to assimilate and clearly articulate feedback and improve bug quality.
- Able to create and update difficult bugs using complex tools and creative testing methods. Analysis of bugs to identify likely root cause area (server, client, SDK, etc.).
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top