Senior Game Designer
Self Aware Games creates free-to-play games that connect people all over the world and across platforms! Our Big Fish Casino franchise tops the charts among mobile social casino games, and we keep the party going with mini-games, in-game events, and other social hits like Vegas Party Slots!
Self Aware Games joined the Big Fish community (AKA “The Pond”) in 2012. Our team is located in Big Fish’s Oakland Studio, where we happily cohabitate with our Big Fish Pond-mates in Liftoff Labs. We are perfectly situated downtown, directly next to beautiful Lake Merritt (picnic lunch, anyone?), and just two blocks from the BART (for a breezy commute)! Are you more of a two-wheeled commuter? We’ll help you keep fit and fresh with in-office bike storage and showers. We believe you must have fun to make fun, and we’ve created our studio around that idea with a wide-open workspace, breakout rooms, a dedicated massage suite, and board games, billiards and consoles galore!
From pioneering some of the first social features on the iPhone, to launching one of the first cross-platform multiplayer games, we challenge ourselves to be industry leaders in creating innovative games that people can enjoy with others. Sound like your type of scene? We’re currently on the search for someone who shares our passion for collaborative fun!
We are seeking a Senior Game Designer to work on Big Fish Casino content. The ideal candidate has two good brains – artistic and analytical. You will guide content and feature development as a product owner, from providing visual targets to executing tuning strategies. You’ll interact with nearly every member of the studio in your mission to make amazing things. Our design team is small, so each designer has a large amount of ownership and influence over the game. You will get your hands dirty and you will love it.
- Design and own game features targeting improvement of KPIs
- Guide art development for features and systems
- Design and tune slot machines
- Provide input into prioritization of game features and bug fixes
- Analyze features post-release to measure effects
- Work closely with fellow Game Designers, Product Managers, Artists, and Engineers
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 5+ years of game design experience
- 3+ shipped titles / extensive campaigns
- Keen eye for visual polish and detail
- Strong math, statistics, and excel skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Desire to dive into slot machine design and come up with innovative mechanics
- Solid sense of humor, passion for your work and desire to grow yourself and those around you
Nice to have:
- Avid gamer and mobile app enthusiast
- Experience supporting live games
- Experience in social games, especially slots and/or casino genres
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, artists, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Tired of playing the wrong kind of “games”? Join the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top