Senior Corporate Counsel
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers around the globe!
Our Legal team is seeking an experienced and motivated senior counsel to join our growing and dynamic company. We are interested in someone who is proactive, energetic and entrepreneurial, and who enjoys taking on new challenges.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial and intellectual property transaction agreements, including content and technology licenses, game development and acquisition agreements, outsourcing agreements, advertising and marketing agreements, cloud services and commercial partnership agreements;
- Collaborating and communicating directly with business clients, providing logical, articulate, and practical business transactional, legal and risk management guidance to all internal clients, including senior executives, and anticipating follow-up needs;
- Assisting as necessary in the management of disputes and litigation;
- Assisting in the creation and implementation of internal policies and procedures;
- Creating and delivering cross-channel educational presentations and tools around relevant and legal issues that are pertinent to the company;
- Managing legal team administrative tasks, such as preparation, review and adherence to legal budget, and review and approval of outside counsel invoices; and
- Exceling at balancing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced industry.
Skills, experience and educational requirements:
- Exceptional academic background from a top-tier law school;
- 5+ years of experience, preferably a combination of in-house and prominent law firm experience;
- Impeccable drafting skills, as well as the ability to complete a large volume of tasks and projects quickly and with minimal supervision;
- Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response;
- Extremely proactive, organized and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team;
- High level of professional integrity and discretion when dealing with colleagues and senior management internally, and with third parties on behalf of the company;
- Excellent and practical business and legal judgment; and
- Leadership style that is straightforward and inclusive. Willing to “roll up your sleeves” to drive both strategy and execution of projects and initiatives.
Back to top