Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Software Development Engineer in Test to work closely with development and drive the test efforts on various projects. You will be responsible for handling projects from start to finish and ensuring a robust, bug-free product with our Customers in mind. Additional responsibilities include, functional testing, to further grow our test and automation coverage, client-server contract validation and externally exposed SDK APIs.
The ideal candidate has a passion for testing and programming, and is on constant lookout for new challenges. We’re continuing to advance our SDK platforms and capabilities, and this position allows you to help develop and test software that is directly integrated into games we publish across all platforms. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to help support integration with game development partners from our internal studios team and hundreds of 3rd party developers around the world.
- Supporting feature development testing with stakeholders across all of our business lines
- Make sure the work flow for the game developers is as smooth as possible
- Designing and developing test plans and test automation
- Creating front-end client and back-end service automation for iOS and Android platforms
- True pride of ownership, championing our customers, and working closely with our Dev and PM counterparts in a world-class team environment to ensure design documents and specifications are high quality and testability is built into the product from day one
- Having fun while you’re doing it!
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- A degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of coding experience in Objective-C/C++/Java
- 4+ years of professional software testing experience including test automation and/or infrastructure development
- Experience testing end-to-end client-server applications
- Solid understanding of web development and client-server technologies
- Experience with iOS SDK and/or Android SDK is a huge plus
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Be self-motivated and results oriented
- Desire and ability to learn quickly and be part of a world-class team
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliot Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Back to top