QA Engineer II
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, and quality driven QA engineer to help with testing our mobile SDK’s and services. You’ll get to work closely with our Software Design Engineers in Test and mobile developers to help write and execute test cases (manual or from existing automation suites), identify defects, and communicate with other teams to deliver high quality releases on time. We are a close knit team working on lots of different things in different areas all at once – so attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects are a must. You’ll have direct impact on the quality of our iOS and Android SDK’s that are already live in thousands of games and in the hands of millions of customers all around the world. And we are only growing bigger each day!
The ideal candidate has a passion for testing and sets the bar pretty high for quality. We’re continuing to advance our SDK platforms and capabilities, and this position allows you to help test software that is directly integrated into games we publish across the top two platforms. You’ll get exposure to both iOS and Android at the same time, and have access to a fantastic team of mentors to help you ensure a robust, bug-free product with our customers in mind.
- Executing and contributing to test plans and test automation
- Supporting feature development testing with stakeholders across all of our business lines
- Make sure the SDK work flow for our partner game developers is as smooth as possible
- True pride of ownership, championing our customers, and working closely with our Dev and PM counterparts in a world-class team environment
- Having fun while you’re doing it!
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 3+ years of professional software testing experience including running test automation and manual tests
- Experience with iOS and/or Android mobile devices
- Ability to read code written in either Objective-C, C++, or Java
- Solid understanding of how to test end-to-end client-server applications
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Be self-motivated and results oriented
- Desire and ability to learn quickly and be part of a world-class team
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top