Product Manager – SkyRocket Studios (Free to Play Mobile Games)
SkyRocket Studios creates midcore and casual mobile games to entertain vibrant communities of players every day! Through a combination of internal-development and second-party partnerships, we have released hit free-to-play games which run the gamut of genres – from puzzle favorites like Cascade and the Fairway Solitaire franchise, to the fan-favorite RPG, Dungeon Boss.
SkyRocket Studios is an integrated part of the Big Fish community of studios (AKA “The Pond”). Located at the Seattle Headquarters in Lower Queen Anne, our offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk away from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots. Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliott Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
Want to be a part of a fast-moving studio on the rise? Elevate your career with SkyRocket studios!
SkyRocket Studios is looking for a Product Manager to join our dynamic team in downtown Seattle. We are committed to developing innovative and evolving “games as services” for mobile devices. By applying our creative energy to solid technologies and rapidly iterating, we are developing fun and engaging games for large and expanding groups of loyal fans. At SkyRocket, we work every day to delight our customers.
As the Product Manager you will be a leader within the game team, responsible for guiding the team to strategic business goals and driving cost/benefit analysis through the product lifecycle. You will be responsible for defining metrics and strategies that will help guide the Game Designer, Marketing Manager, and Production Manager toward collective business goals and driving the organization to meet those goals. A successful candidate will be comfortable with guiding product vision, leading data analysis, forecasting, consumer marketing, A&B and multivariate testing, and collaborating with a cross-functional team to define and achieve aggressive targets.
- Execute product strategy and work with producers and game designers to drive revenue
- Validate product strategy through use of behavioral data, research, and deep customer empathy
- Define the product roadmap and collaborate to prioritize backlogs with your teams
- Create Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) to shape the feature development of the game
- Establish and manage to an aggressive financial plan
- Work with marketing counterparts on customer acquisition, retention, and customer loyalty
- Partner with the Game Data Analyst (GDA) team to understand and monitor key drivers of your business
- Monitor the competitive landscape to understand market opportunities and trends in your business
- Frame the resources necessary to hit your goals and advocate for incremental resources when necessary
- Report to key stakeholders on a regular basis
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred, or equivalent experience
- Product management experience required, games experience a plus
- Understanding of the game industry and free-to-play mobile games
- Deep understanding of analytics, AB and multivariate testing, and operation of consumer services at scale required
- Experience in revenue forecasting and cost modelling, with close interactions with marketing or advertising
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, artists, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Tired of playing the wrong kind of “games”? Join the Pond!
Back to top