NOC Administrator (Level I)
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
As a Level I NOC Administrator you will be responding to various system alerts and monitoring Big Fish networks for anomalies on team with 24x7x365 coverage. This role will also support the operations group, ensuring uptime and system functionality for various gaming platforms remains at acceptable levels.
It is crucial that the candidate is able to recognize service-effecting problems, follow procedures, create tickets, and track issues through to completion. Communication with outside vendors and teams will be frequent; we demand a high level of professionalism both in verbal and written communication.
Beyond the daily tasks and responsibilities of this role, you will also review and assist with creating new system monitors and graphs, system maintenance, physical hardware installation, virtual environment maintenance and remote data-center time as needed.
- Acts as first tier in alert response and incident resolution
- Acts as first tier in identifying production related incidents and issues, which includes the detection of system, application, or performance degradation or unavailability
- Employs production monitoring tools to ensure that all systems & applications are running and available
- Collaborate with other operations teams to carry out regular system, application, and hardware tasks
- Ensures effective communication to internal customers
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 1+ years of production-facing Linux experience required
- Fundamentals of managing Linux and knowledge of common commands like top, ps, grep, top, iostat required
- Experience with Nagios, Graphite preferred
- Experience with ticketing systems (RT, Remedy, ServiceNow) preferred
- Familiarity with shift work; 4 days on, 3 days off
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to attend out of hours monthly meetings
- Self-starter, focused, and motivated
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliot Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Back to top