NOC Administrator II (Graveyard Shift)
- Seattle, WA
Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
As the NOC Administrator you will be responding to various system alerts and monitoring Big Fish networks for anomalies on team with 24x7x365 coverage. This role will also support the operations group, ensuring uptime and system functionality for various gaming platforms remains at acceptable levels. The individual we select will be required to work a 4x10 Graveyard Shift (9:30pm - 7:30am) Wednesday thru Saturday.
It is crucial that the candidate is able to recognize service-effecting problems, follow procedures, create tickets, and track issues through to completion. Communication with outside vendors and teams will be frequent; we demand a high level of professionalism both in verbal and written communication.
Beyond the daily tasks and responsibilities of this role, you will also review and assist with creating new system monitors and graphs, system maintenance, physical hardware installation, virtual environment maintenance and remote data-center time as needed.
- Acts as first tier in alert response and incident resolution
- Acts as first tier in identifying production related incidents and issues. This includes detection of system, application, or performance degradation or unavailability
- Employs production monitoring tools to ensure that all systems & applications are running and available
- Collaborate with other operations teams to carry out regular system, application, and hardware tasks
- Ensures effective communication to internal customers
- 3+ years of production-facing Linux experience required
- Fundamentals of managing Linux and knowledge of common commands like: top, ps, grep, top, iostat required
- Experience with Nagios, Graphite preferred
- Experience with ticketing systems (RT, Remedy, ServiceNow) preferred
- Familiarity with shift work; 4 days on, 3 days off
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to attend out of hours monthly meetings
- Self-starter, focused, and motivated
- Flexibility to work the Graveyard Shift (9:30pm - 7:30am) on a 4x10 schedule
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top