NOC Administrator I
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
As the NOC Administrator I you will be responding to various system alerts and monitoring Big Fish networks for anomalies on team with 24x7x365 coverage. This role will also support the operations group, ensuring uptime and system functionality for various gaming platforms remains at acceptable levels.
This position will be working the graveyard shift: 9:30pm – 7:30am on a 4x10 schedule.
It is crucial that the candidate is able to recognize service-effecting problems, follow procedures, create tickets, and track issues through to completion. Communication with outside vendors and teams will be frequent; we demand a high level of professionalism both in verbal and written communication.
Beyond the daily tasks and responsibilities of this role, you will also review and assist with creating new system monitors and graphs, system maintenance, physical hardware installation, virtual environment maintenance and remote data-center time as needed.
- Acts as first tier in alert response and incident resolution
- Acts as first tier in identifying production related incidents and issues. This includes detection of system, application, or performance degradation or unavailability
- Employs production monitoring tools to ensure that all systems & applications are running and available
- Collaborate with other operations teams to carry out regular system, application, and hardware tasks
- Ensures effective communication to internal customers
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 1+ years of production-facing Linux experience required
- Fundamentals of managing Linux and knowledge of common commands like: top, ps, grep, top, iostat required
- Experience with Nagios, Graphite preferred
- Experience with ticketing systems (RT, Remedy, ServiceNow) preferred
- Familiarity with shift work; 4 days on, 3 days off
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to attend out of hours monthly meetings
- Self-starter, focused, and motivated
- Ability to work the graveyard shift: 9:30pm – 7:30am
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top