Motion Graphic Designer
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
We are currently on the hunt for a talented Motion Graphic Designer to join our Organic Marketing Team based in Seattle who will be responsible for creation and production of video assets to support our marketing efforts and drive the growth of our customer base.
This role sits in Advertising, a dynamic team whose primary focus is to drive Organic installs to a variety of titles/platforms utilizing video, SEO+ ASO capabilities.
- Create and produce a variety of video assets for social channels, commercials and other media sectors, leveraging both game assets as well as new asset creation
- Use commercial software to create high quality and beautifully animated cinematics
- Build and incorporate 3D/2D art assets into well-composed and structured graphic assets
- Game capture from different mobile devices
- Assist with delivery of static social media campaigns and various finishing tasks where needed
- Take direction in style and technique and be open to feedback
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Bachelor’s degree in Design/Video or equivalent work experience
- Strong foundational knowledge of layout, color, grids, icons, typography, proportion, composition, video, and motion/rich media
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities, heavy deadlines, and daily time constraints
- Comprehensive experience in After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Maya/3D Max, Cinema 4D, and industry standard plugins such as the Trapcode Suite and other third party plugins
- Efficient in 3D animation, modeling and texturing
- A flare for live action and motion graphic editing
- Ability to take direction and use templates
- Strong animation and storytelling skills with understanding of animation principals
- Background/experience in motion graphics, editing, or cinematography
- Experience in the online/mobile/social gaming a plus
- Storyboarding from direction and layout skills a plus
- Willingness to learn new skills/software and grow as an artist within the team
- Live action video production/camera experience a huge plus
- Positive, friendly and proactive attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliot Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
For consideration, be sure to include a link to your online portfolio or attach samples of your relevant work for review.
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top