Mobile Software Engineer
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
Have a passion for contributing to great game software that is constantly being shipped to customers? Are you eager to work in the fast-growing, dynamic, and challenging mobile games space? Eager to support a platform which directly provides data to millions Big Fish customers?
The DIS Team is looking for a mid-level mobile developer to join our team. We support a variety of services, which affect all aspects of Big Fish’s offerings. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work in game development across many different platforms this is the team for you! We help multiple game teams around the world ship their games and support them when issues occur.
- Ability to work on game titles at varying points in their game development lifecycle
- Tight collaboration with many internal and external development teams and stakeholders
- Be part of a team of talented self motivated individuals
- Communicate with technical and non-technical members to ensure bug-free fixes and clear communication
- Pull many differing code bases, understand them quickly and fix things safely and efficiently
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, developing and delivering advanced mobile-based applications
- 3+ years developing object-oriented software
- Experience as a developer on a project that used Android/iOS technologies, with a demonstrated ability to articulate the architectural solution and the solutions applied
- Ability to develop for performance and stability including understanding advanced industry standard debugging and build practices
- Understanding and dedication to software development best practices including familiarity with Agile/Kanban development methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both spoken and written
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Desire to constantly keep learning new tools, standards and a love of games
- Comfortable switching environments, standards and code bases quickly and effectively
- Experience with an Agile development process
- Experience with Jira, Git, SVN, Perforce
- Experience with C++, C#, Java, Objective C
- Experience with advertising, reporting, authentication and other 3rd party SDKs
- Working knowledge with Xcode, Android Studio, Xamarin and/or Unity
- Working knowledge of Apple and Android build process and submission
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 700 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliott Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top