Mobile Development Manager
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
The Game Operations Team is looking for a talented Development Manager to lead technology decisions and teams for expanding our mobile SDK offerings and adherence to uniform implementation practices. This position will allow you to directly impact technology decisions, manage a talented team of developers, and deliver software which directly supports hundreds of game development partners. We support a variety of platforms and technologies, so we’re looking for someone who both brings a great deal of their own experience and who is looking for an opportunity to learn new platforms and tools along the way. If you’re passionate about mobile and client-side technology, enjoy helping other teams be successful, and are looking to grow a team and your own skillset at the same time, this is the role for you!
This Integration focused Development Manager will be responsible for the management of a small team of developers, technical project managers and SDET’s focused on development integration support of all standardized feature sets and client technologies going into our games. This ranges from defining and executing development best practices, creating and managing tier1 engineering support for internal/external SDK’s, handling base development integration for each game in collaboration with the game developers and being the technical domain experts in the company for the integrated client solutions. The manager will also be an individual contributor to help stay current on the technical complexity being handled by the team.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Lead client integration development efforts ensuring alignment with all game, product, engineering and marketing teams to ensure there is a uniform client platform across all games to operate
- Help define and enhance game integration efforts and workflow
- Support development of SDK software for iOS and Android across multiple game engines
- Works with business owners to define integration best practices and use cases for the team to deliver
- Leads and mentors other developers
- Maintains individual development activity to lead by example
- Collaborate with various members within our core Engineering group and other stellar teams cross-functionally within the organization
- Customer focused – constantly meeting with other disciplines to understand their needs and how best to support them with technology, while collaborating and communicating effectively within Big Fish
- Foster the knowledge sharing across teams, both around internal tech as well as industry trends and practices
- 8+ years of development experience; 4+ years experience with hands-on technical management of Software Developers and QA professionals
- Strong track record and heavy experience in mobile(iOS, Android) development and systems integration
- Superb communication, problem-solving and analytical skills and abilities
- Hands on experience integrating third party products/solutions
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Effective team leadership skills with passion for product excellence and top talent development and mentoring
- Successful candidates for this position will have strong hands on experience with Java or C++, ideally within a game development environment
- Proven ability to constructively embrace and manage technical debt
- Proven ability to collaborate with partner development teams
- Experience performing code reviews and design reviews
- BA/BS degree required
- Experience running a service focused organization is a plus
- Experience operating free-to-play games is a plus
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliot Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Back to top