Mobile Customer Retention Marketing Manager
Self Aware Games creates free-to-play games that connect people all over the world and across platforms! Our Big Fish Casino franchise tops the charts among mobile social casino games, and we keep the party going with mini-games, in-game events, and other social hits like Vegas Party Slots!
Self Aware Games joined the Big Fish community (AKA “The Pond”) in 2012. Our team is located in Big Fish’s Oakland Studio, where we happily cohabitate with our Big Fish Pond-mates in Liftoff Labs. We are perfectly situated downtown, directly next to beautiful Lake Merritt (picnic lunch, anyone?), and just two blocks from the BART (for a breezy commute)! Are you more of a two-wheeled commuter? We’ll help you keep fit and fresh with in-office bike storage and showers. We believe you must have fun to make fun, and we’ve created our studio around that idea with a wide-open workspace, breakout rooms, a dedicated massage suite, and board games, billiards and consoles galore!
From pioneering some of the first social features on the iPhone, to launching one of the first cross-platform multiplayer games, we challenge ourselves to be industry leaders in creating innovative games that people can enjoy with others. Sound like your type of scene? We’re currently on the search for someone who shares our passion for collaborative fun!
We are currently seeking a highly talented marketer responsible for the development, implementation and management of engagement and retention strategies for our social casino product. Successful Mobile Customer Retention Marketing Managers are able to work cross-functionally and manage marketing strategies to meet revenue forecast and engagement KPIs. In this role, you will work to define and deepen our understanding of player segments to encourage loyalty, monetization, and advocacy.
- Ability to develop marketing plans for feature roll out
- Responsible for execution of in-game marketing and engagement events
- Ability to work with BI and engineering to define data sets to validate performance of event. Provides business assessment and communicates findings with broader team
- Marketing lead on large-sized projects: owns design, organization of the marketing effort, quality, and interface with other stakeholders.
- Consults with QA on testing approach, project status and known issues on marketing projects
- Subject matter expert of most relevant marketing areas for game, and communicates this both verbally and in written format
- Ability to delegate live environment duty
- Mentor and guide junior staff
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing tasks
- Effectively context switch to and from unplanned work
- Identifies business needs and appropriately introduces changes that improves topline revenue
- Ability to own and drive the implementation marketing plans for new features or games.
- Expected to help with processes for the team
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work in a deadline-oriented environment, ensuring projects and processes are being completed timely and accurately across all geographical and functional areas
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills
- Exceptional written & oral communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Typical Marketing Managers have 5-8 years’ experience
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, artists, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Tired of playing the wrong kind of “games”? Join the Pond!
Back to top