Marketing Manager (SEM)
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
Big Fish is looking to hire a Manager, Marketing (SEM) to lead a team of two account managers toward managing, growing, and optimizing mobile (campaigns across various Free to Play titles) and desktop campaigns (supporting our downloadable games on our website), with an focus on Google and Bing. This is not an SEO position. The successful candidate will be an experienced paid search mobile advertiser, skilled people manager, an organized self-starter, have excellent communication skills, and be detail-oriented, and data-driven. This role will report to the Vice President of User Acquisition.
We are looking for a leader, not a follower - and someone who can move quickly and pivot based on what the data says. There is little to no hierarchy within our marketing group - we follow what the data tells us.
About our Team
Our team is comprised of 33 folks and we're growing. We are a centralized division that supports the various game studios within Big Fish. Think of us as a start-up ad agency within a larger company. Our culture encourages testing, allowing for mistakes, learning from those mistakes, and becoming smarter and stronger moving forward.
- Ensure diligent monitoring and ownership of Google/Bing’s performance
- Develop and manage best in class paid search programs leveraging best practices inclusive of campaign and keyword development
- Manage two people toward meeting performance goals, career coaching, and mentoring
- Expand and test placements on all that the search partner has to offer in terms of driving app installs and traffic to the Big Fish website
- Drive creative testing and optimization with the UA Creative team
- Manage and optimize toward user acquisition budgets and goals
- Create and execute against both domestic and international campaign strategies
- Day-to-day communication and feedback with partners and internal stakeholders
- Strong ability to move quickly and adapt within a fast moving organization
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Paid search advertising management and strategy is mandatory
- Google AdWords certification and Bing Ads Accredited Professional required
- 3+ years of experience in mobile media buying, account management, or marketing
- 3+ years people management experience
- Demonstrated capacity for original thinking and proactive mindset is a must
- Able to wear both strategic and tactical hats
- Strong analytical & reporting skills
- Development and management of programmatic platforms a plus
- Ability to establish strong rapport and credibility with internal stakeholders and external partners/teams
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliott Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top