Linux System Engineer
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
We're looking for an experienced Linux System Engineer who enjoys solving problems and building new things using a combination of creativity and technical rigor. You don't have to know everything (that's why you're on a team), but we do expect good judgement and a desire to learn. If you can help us out, get in touch!
- Work on a project-focused team of other SEs
- Help manage a Linux-based ecommerce environment with about 3000 servers
- Collaborate with developers to architect and enhance production application deployments
- Monitor system performance and plan for future scaling
Skills and abilities you should bring to the table:
- 5-10 years or more of UNIX/Linux system administration experience
- Experience supporting highly available, customer-facing services in a 100+ server environment
- Operational automation skills using shell, Perl, or Python
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- Experience with open source server software such as Apache, Memcache, or Kafka
- Customer-focused mindset
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities
- Operational familiarity with configuration management systems such as CFEngine and Salt
- Experience with server virtualization (Xen preferred)
- Experience configuring hardware load balancers (F5 preferred)
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top