Lead Quality Assurance Tester - Mobile Games
Self Aware Games creates free-to-play games that connect people all over the world and across platforms! Our Big Fish Casino franchise tops the charts among mobile social casino games, and we keep the party going with mini-games, in-game events, and other social hits like Vegas Party Slots!
Self Aware Games joined the Big Fish community (AKA “The Pond”) in 2012. Our team is located in Big Fish’s Oakland Studio, where we happily cohabitate with our Big Fish Pond-mates in Liftoff Labs. We are perfectly situated downtown, directly next to beautiful Lake Merritt (picnic lunch, anyone?), and just two blocks from the BART (for a breezy commute)! Are you more of a two-wheeled commuter? We’ll help you keep fit and fresh with in-office bike storage and showers. We believe you must have fun to make fun, and we’ve created our studio around that idea with a wide-open workspace, breakout rooms, a dedicated massage suite, and board games, billiards and consoles galore!
From pioneering some of the first social features on the iPhone, to launching one of the first cross-platform multiplayer games, we challenge ourselves to be industry leaders in creating innovative games that people can enjoy with others. Sound like your type of scene? We’re currently on the search for someone who shares our passion for collaborative fun!
We are looking for a Lead Quality Assurance Tester to join our team. You will be a key member of our studio - ensuring quality on our live games and important projects. You’ll lead important QA projects, and collaborate with the rest of the studio to achieve results and deliver a great experience to our players. If you’re passionate about product quality and raising the level of execution at your studio, then this is the right place for you!
- Manage testing and quality sign-off on releases and long-term projects
- Dive into complex new features in collaboration with other stakeholders to define test plans, ensure we are building them with an eye to quality, and identify the tools we need to effectively test them
- Create and maintain test cases, test plans, and documentation for projects
- Responsible and accountable for final signoff for game/server releases, updates, and promotions
- Subject matter expert on game client-server interactions, network emulation, and related testing approaches
- Investigate, define, and train team on best practices for grey-box and tool-assisted testing
- Lead and mentor testers on QA core competencies and process
- Work with QA Leadership to evaluate and enhance QA standards, technologies and approaches
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 4+ years game testing experience
- Strong QA project management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Understanding of product development cycles and release processes
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Inquisitive mindset with a passion for casual/mobile gaming
HAVE THESE? YOU HAVE OUR ATTENTION!
- Experience with network testing, advanced client/server interaction
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
- Experience with social/mobile app game testing
- Experience with “Free-to-play” game mechanics and processes, particularly consistent game updating processes
- Experience managing a “game as a service” and associated live operations
- Experience leading small teams with direct reports
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, artists, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Get in on the Fun and Games!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top