Lead Game Tester
For years, Triton Studios has collaborated with developers across the globe to create and promote hit casual and midcore mobile games. Our producers seek out the best of the best in mobile entertainment for our customers, including fan favorites Gummy Drop!, Sunken Secrets, and Midnight Castle.
Triton Studios is an integrated part of the Big Fish community (AKA “The Pond”). Located at the Seattle Headquarters in Lower Queen Anne, our offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots. Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliott Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
Ready to hit the ground running? Triton Studios is currently set to release over a dozen new titles, and we’re looking for bright new talent to jump right in!
- Responsible for every aspect of a large complex project, or several smaller ones.
- Drives and delivers testing schedule in concert with Production.
- Sets the quality bar, and proposes solutions to blocking issues/challenges.
- Coordinates with QA group for all testing efforts on the project.
- Manages all “Live Ops” aspects of the game start to finish.
- Writes Test Plans for product or large features in the game.
- Sets up Test Case Suites for each release and tracks success/fails.
- Tracking and Progress reports to key stakeholders and product team.
- Analyzes process and requests Debug tools, and suggest improvements to reduce test times.
- Facilitates QA Postmortems as needed, and contributes to continuous improvement cycle.
- Maintains accurate and consistent documentation through each release cycle.
Interface with other teams
- Working closely with Production/Developer teams.
- Coordinate with Engineering and SDET on technical features and third party SDK integration.
- Interface with Customer Support and Marketing as required.
- Facilitates QA meetings, and drives status/schedules.
- Acts as a Mentor for team members as needed in process, technology or tools.
- Collaborates with other group leaders to apply shared learnings throughout the team.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- At least 4 years of Quality Assurance experience, preferably with different game mechanics for mobile free-to-play games as well as client/server based
- Ability to clearly communicate to team and stakeholders and able to excel in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
- Confidence to contribute in a fast-paced and technologically aggressive QA team, with the ability to be flexible and dynamic based on priority of tasks.
- Understands high level product architecture, and why we might test differently based on it (i.e. when to test on multiple clients and server variables). Able to isolate client or server issue based on network / packet analyses and understands the network fundamentals related to client/server architectures.
- Proven ability to be autonomous and able to accurately provide time estimation and feedback on risks and workload during test planning and test casing.
- Has an understanding of mobile platform differences and requirements.
- Able to create, update, investigate, and interpret difficult bugs using complex tools and creative testing methods to identify root cause areas (server, client, SDK, etc.).
- Familiar with multiple release cycles in software development, with specific focus on update testing and iterating on proven products.
- Experience in detailed log file analysis, debugging, and diagnosis of problems in distributed systems.
- Excellent technical problem solving skills
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, creative-types, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Get in on the Fun and Games!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top