Lead Game Data Analyst
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
SkyRocket Studios is looking for a Lead Game Data Analyst to join our dynamic team in downtown Seattle. SkyRocket and Big Fish Games are committed to developing innovative and evolving “games as services” for mobile devices. By applying our creative energy to solid technologies and rapidly iterating, we are developing fun and engaging games for large and expanding groups of loyal fans. At SkyRocket, we work every day to delight our customers.
As a Lead Game Data Analyst you are passionate about working with data and driven to produce actionable insights from your detail-oriented reporting and analysis – able to apply a breadth of data extraction, manipulation, and analysis techniques. You answer a wide range of business questions rapidly and accurately. You effectively translate technical reports and communicate them to non-technical audiences both at the detail level and at a senior executive view. Additionally, you help those same audiences turn business needs into technical specifications for the reports and analysis – helping engineers and designers find the “fun” in games while developing new metrics for executives. Your responsibilities will include leading a team, data integrity and verification, reporting, business analysis, and data visualization development.
- Work closely with business and product leads, driving investigations and reporting to support timely and accurate decision making
- Provide leadership to a team and build processes to increase efficiencies and job satisfaction
- Apply statistical analysis for ad hoc projects to enable deep dives into game data and player insights
- Develop actionable insights from analysis to make recommendations on key business strategies
- Understand and consume data from dimensional models
- Write advanced SQL to translate arithmetic solutions/statistical models to implementable code
- Write SQL for exploratory analysis and use visualization techniques to communicate insights and recommendations to business
- Maintain and improve analytic reports to answer business questions
- Serve as an advocate towards ensuring that the team goals align with business goals and needs
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with Studio constituents, centralized BI resources, as well as IT and Operations
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related discipline such as Statistics, Applied Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, etc.
- Experience building processes to improve both efficiency and job satisfaction
- Executive communication – ability to communicate effectively from direct reports to C-level executives
- 1-3 years of team leadership experience - understanding the subtleties of coaching a team of high performing individuals
- 5+ years of experience working in an analytical/research environment
- 5+ years of experience writing SQL for data analysis, including collecting, assembling, cleansing and formatting data
- Experience creating business value from high volume user data
- Experience with analytical techniques used for data analysis and exploration
- Ability to change direction quickly based on data analysis results
- Experience using descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze and present findings (R preferred, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis - knowledge of Tableau is a major plus
- Experience using at least one programming language to move and parse data sets
- Experience with effectively writing, presenting and communicating research results and recommended actions to other teams
Benefits and Perks!
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound waterside, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliot Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Back to top