Information Security Engineer
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
The Information Security Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of informational security at Big Fish Games. This includes but is not limited to: daily report reviews, following and enhancing standard operating procedures, security assessments for new services, creation of threat models, and vulnerability management.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and investigate security-related, information systems’ anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated security alerts
- Understand and manage file integrity verification and monitoring
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Big Fish services
- Management of next generation firewall technologies
- Management of client end-point security software
- Support PCI-DSS and SOX compliance audits
- Strong understanding of IT Governance Controls
- Ability to work and collaborate with auditors and accessors
- Participate in on-call rotation
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Comfortable working on Linux, OSX, and Windows operating systems
- Solid foundation in web security, mobile security, penetration testing and cryptography
- Expertise in conducting web and mobile security assessments covering threat modeling, design reviews and in-depth implementation audits
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) platform experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong self-motivation and orientation toward results
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong understanding and support of change management, continuous improvement and Lean principles
- Scripting ability in several languages (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell)
- Ability to work in a fast paced Operations team and organization
- CISSP certification is a plus
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliott Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top