Help Desk Specialist - Contractor
- Seattle, WA
Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
We are looking for an experienced Help Desk Specialist to assist with a company-wide Windows OS upgrade on a contract basis.
- Migrate end user workstations from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Create and maintain documentation of current Windows 7 applications and configurations
- Build and configure Windows 10 workstations, install critical business applications and migrate end user data to new devices while maintaining clear and effective communication and contact with the end user
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 support to a diverse group of internal customers and troubleshoot problems with desktop hardware, software and peripherals
- Document and log issues in ticketing system, assess urgencies and route tickets to relevant IT teams
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a fast-paced enterprise IT environment
- Advanced working knowledge of Windows 7/10 operating systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud,
- Knowledge of mobile device support and configuration
- Knowledge of standard networking concepts including network hardware (routers, switches, proxies, ports), IP addressing and protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP)
- Active Directory, Exchange management and Linux knowledge a plus
- Strong understanding of remote tools and managing support tickets from remote office locations
- Able to work independently and as part of a team with the confidence to seek assistance from team members or management when faced with difficult issues
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with other technical teams across the organization
- Experienced in customer service with a passion for providing superior customer support in Face-to-Face, phone or e-mail interactions with internal staff and team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable, independent thinker possessing a high attention to detail with excellent problem solving and multitasking skills
- Associates degree preferred; will consider a combination of education and work experience
- This position requires constant use of a computer and frequent sitting as well as occasional standing, walking, kneeling and lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds. Employees in the position will experience repetitive motion of hands and wrists.
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top