SkyRocket Studios creates midcore and casual mobile games to entertain vibrant communities of players every day! Through a combination of internal-development and second-party partnerships, we have released hit free-to-play games which run the gamut of genres – from puzzle favorites like Cascade and the Fairway Solitaire franchise, to the fan-favorite RPG, Dungeon Boss.
SkyRocket Studios is an integrated part of the Big Fish community of studios (AKA “The Pond”). Located at the Seattle Headquarters in Lower Queen Anne, our offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk away from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots. Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliott Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
Want to be a part of a fast-moving studio on the rise? Elevate your career with SkyRocket studios!
We’re seeking a passionate developer to aid in the expansion and development our hit games within Skyrocket studios. We’re looking for someone with a keen technical mind and a passion for writing well-designed and maintainable code. You will work within a small team of designers and artists to propel us up the charts!
- Implement game enhancements and new gameplay features
- Add necessary server support for new features
- Integrate native specific code with our cross-platform client
- Continuously improve tool chains
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to track and resolve reported issues
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in game development on shipping titles
- 3+ years Java server development experience
- Proactive mindset with the ability to foresee and critically solve development issues
- Comfortable working in a small team and collaborating across disciplines
- Mobile game development experience (iOS/Android)
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top