Game Server Engineer
Self Aware Games creates free-to-play games that connect people all over the world and across platforms! Our Big Fish Casino franchise tops the charts among mobile social casino games, and we keep the party going with mini-games, in-game events, and other social hits!
We are looking for a Game Server Engineer to work on Casino infrastructure. The ideal candidate has experience writing back-end features for a live ops application. Our backend team is small, so each member has a large amount of ownership and impact on how the game is scaled.
- Design, implement, and deploy infrastructure with emphasis on uptime and scalability
- Profile and tune highly-scalable backends
- Develop APIs for other development teams to consume
- Provide feature development support and post-release analysis
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Comfortable with linux / command line
- Basic knowledge of networking, DNS, protocols
- Database design and SQL knowledge
- Experience developing backend systems
- Experience estimating effort and establishing timelines for projects
- Able to learn, understand, and extend existing systems
- Able to maintain composure under pressure
- A critical thinker, and can solve problems demonstrating analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, motivated, and a self-starter who can work without supervision
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, artists, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top