Game Server Engineer
Self Aware Games creates free-to-play games that connect people all over the world and across platforms! Our Big Fish Casino franchise tops the charts among mobile social casino games, and we keep the party going with mini-games, in-game events, and other social hits!
We are looking for a Game Server Engineer to work on Casino infrastructure. The ideal candidate has experience writing back-end features for a live ops application. Our backend team is small, so each member has a large amount of ownership and impact on how the game is scaled.
- Design, implement, and deploy infrastructure with emphasis on uptime and scalability
- Profile and tune highly-scalable backends
- Develop APIs for other development teams to consume
- Provide feature development support and post-release analysis
Required Experience and Skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Comfortable with linux / command line
- Basic knowledge of networking, DNS, protocols
- Database design and SQL knowledge
- Experience developing backend systems
- Able to learn, understand, and extend existing systems
- Able to maintain composure under pressure
- A critical thinker, and can solve problems demonstrating analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, motivated, and a self-starter who can work with little supervision
- Excited about solving tough and interesting technical problems alone and in team settings
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
**This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.**
Back to top