Game Engineer II
Self Aware Games creates free-to-play games that connect people all over the world and across platforms! Our Big Fish Casino franchise tops the charts among mobile social casino games, and we keep the party going with mini-games, in-game events, and other social hits like Vegas Party Slots!
Self Aware Games joined the Big Fish community (AKA “The Pond”) in 2012. Our team is located in Big Fish’s Oakland Studio, where we happily cohabitate with our Big Fish Pond-mates in Liftoff Labs. We are perfectly situated downtown, directly next to beautiful Lake Merritt (picnic lunch, anyone?), and just two blocks from the BART (for a breezy commute)! Are you more of a two-wheeled commuter? We’ll help you keep fit and fresh with in-office bike storage and showers. We believe you must have fun to make fun, and we’ve created our studio around that idea with a wide-open workspace, breakout rooms, a dedicated massage suite, and board games, billiards and consoles galore!
From pioneering some of the first social features on the iPhone, to launching one of the first cross-platform multiplayer games, we challenge ourselves to be industry leaders in creating innovative games that people can enjoy with others. Sound like your type of scene? We’re currently on the search for someone who shares our passion for collaborative fun!
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, artists, designers and QA to deliver exciting new content and outstanding user experiences
- Release code weekly and get immediate feedback from players experiencing content as well as in depth metrics on how your feature is being used
- Take ownership of features across both client and server
- Develop in an agile environment to deploy performant code simultaneously across multiple mobile platforms
- Profile, identify, and implement performance enhancements across the game
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- 1+ years of working with PHP
- Working knowledge of Cocos2d and/or Cocos Creator is helpful
- Experience with the entire development life-cycle from gathering requirements to launching
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, motivated, self-starter who can work without supervision
- Experience programming for mobile devices on iOS and/or Android preferred
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, artists, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top