Engineer, Tools & Engine
SkyRocket Studios is the team within Big Fish responsible for creating chart topping casual and midcore mobile games like Fairway Solitaire, Fairway Solitaire Blast, Dungeon Boss, and Cascade. Through a combination of internal development teams and second party partnerships, we are committed to developing innovative and engaging hit games for mobile. By applying our creative energy to solid technologies and rapid iteration, we are developing fun and engaging games for large and ever-expanding groups of loyal fans. At SkyRocket, we work every day to delight our customers. We also have a very healthy work life balance.
Want to be a part of a fast-moving studio on the rise? Elevate your career with SkyRocket studios!
Big Fish Games is seeking a passionate developer to join our Tools & Engine team. We are expanding our midcore capabilities and unifying our tech stack, and the T&E team plays a crucial role. We are looking for someone with strong coding skills and game development experience. You must have a keen technical mind, a passion for system design and architecture, and have forward thinking approach. In this position you will have a large impact on our technical capabilities, working with a small but growing team of enthusiastic and motivated developers.
Big Fish’s SkyRocket Studios, the maker of award winning and successful games like Fairway Solitaire and Dungeon Boss and is committed to developing incredibly fun and engaging games across multiple platforms. Come be a part of our creative environment and make the next SkyRocket Studios game even more successful.
- Help implement core game-agnostic features in our engine and assist the game teams with integration
- Collaborate with multiple game teams to help plan our low-level technical strategy
- Continuously evaluate and improve tool chains
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to track down and resolve reported issues
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong coding skills
- A passion for building tools that work
- Proactive mindset with the ability to foresee and critically solve development issues
- Strong communication skills
- Android development experience
- Experience working in Unity
- Mobile game development experience
- Java server development experience
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Tired of playing the wrong kind of “games”? Join the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top