Development Project Manager
Self Aware Games creates free-to-play games that connect people all over the world and across platforms! Our Big Fish Casino franchise tops the charts among mobile social casino games, and we keep the party going with mini-games, in-game events, and other social hits like Vegas Party Slots!
Self Aware Games joined the Big Fish community (AKA “The Pond”) in 2012. Our team is located in Big Fish’s Oakland Studio, where we happily cohabitate with our Big Fish Pond-mates in Liftoff Labs. We are perfectly situated downtown, directly next to beautiful Lake Merritt (picnic lunch, anyone?), and just two blocks from the BART (for a breezy commute)! Are you more of a two-wheeled commuter? We’ll help you keep fit and fresh with in-office bike storage and showers. We believe you must have fun to make fun, and we’ve created our studio around that idea with a wide-open workspace, breakout rooms, a dedicated massage suite, and board games, billiards and consoles galore!
From pioneering some of the first social features on the iPhone, to launching one of the first cross-platform multiplayer games, we challenge ourselves to be industry leaders in creating innovative games that people can enjoy with others. Sound like your type of scene? We’re currently on the search for someone who shares our passion for collaborative fun!
We are looking for a highly motivated project manager to add to our family. In this role, you will manage multiple development work streams from definition to launch. You will also take point on initiatives designed to improve the way we operate. You’ll have the opportunity to support our current franchises as well as new projects at the studio, interfacing with all facets of the organization to ensure efficiency, speed, and quality. If you enjoy keeping all of the disciplines aligned and working together smoothly, and working in a fast environment where there’s always something new to learn, then this is the right position for you.
- Work with all disciplines (art, design, engineering, QA, etc.) to track, communicate, and deliver new features, games, tools, and bug fixes
- Plan, execute, and roll out new operational initiatives to improve the way we work, leading strike teams made up of relevant folks across the company
- Define, drive forward, document, and maintain our project management tools and related processes
- Dig into problems across the studio, and help solve them no matter where they lie
- Design and create easy-to-consume reports to align all project stakeholders and escalate risks
- Track and report on development key performance indicators, then analyze and propose ways to improve performance
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 2+ years experience managing software development projects
- Analytical mind, with experience investigating data, and exploring hypotheses
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast environment
- Excellent skills in communication, collaboration, and organization
- Familiarity and experience with utilizing various project management methodologies, tools, and techniques including agile and waterfall methodologies
- Able to successfully manage multiple critical priorities at a time with a track record of successful and timely delivery
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Passion to constantly improve the way we do things
- Bachelor’s degree
HAVE THESE? YOU HAVE OUR ATTENTION!
- Mobile or social game development experience
- Previous assessment, purchasing, and configuration of software tools
- Continuous Deployment – Deploying features and work items to production as they are available, instead of release batches
- Kanban – Development methodology including WIP limits, input queues, classes of service, etc.
- Technical background, especially in engineering
- Focus on change management in development organizations
- Experience working in a startup environment
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, artists, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Get in on the Fun and Games!
Back to top