Data Engineer, Visualization
- Seattle, WA
Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
The data engineering team is looking for a data engineer to provide insights and data visualizations for many of the business units at Big Fish Games. You will have the opportunity to become an expert in mobile free to play and PC gaming business by working closely with marketing, data scientist, game producers and studio general managers. If you have a passion for data and building a presentation layer which wows the business customers, come join our data engineering team at Big Fish Games!
- Develop the presentation layer for the data engineering team. This includes data visualizations, dashboards and reports for business customers
- Work with business customers and stakeholders to capture their requirements for data solutions
- Provide customer support and maintenance for existing reporting solutions
- Build expertise in free to play gaming business to provide creative reporting solutions
- Have a passion for learning and growing expertise in data visualizations.
- At least 3 years of experience in the following skills
- Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Programming or scripting (for example, python, powershell, java, or c#)
- Database Management Systems (for example, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Requirements gathering
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Data modeling for data warehousing
- Development on big data platforms (for example Hadoop, Netezza, Teradata, AWS or Google Cloud Platform)
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top