Contract Senior Game Tester
Self Aware Games creates free-to-play games that connect people all over the world and across platforms! Our Big Fish Casino franchise tops the charts among mobile social casino games, and we keep the party going with mini-games, in-game events, and other social hits like Vegas Party Slots!
Self Aware Games joined the Big Fish community (AKA “The Pond”) in 2012. Our team is located in Big Fish’s Oakland Studio, where we happily cohabitate with our Big Fish Pond-mates in Liftoff Labs. We are perfectly situated downtown, directly next to beautiful Lake Merritt (picnic lunch, anyone?), and just two blocks from the BART (for a breezy commute)! Are you more of a two-wheeled commuter? We’ll help you keep fit and fresh with in-office bike storage and showers. We believe you must have fun to make fun, and we’ve created our studio around that idea with a wide-open workspace, breakout rooms, a dedicated massage suite, and board games, billiards and consoles galore!
From pioneering some of the first social features on the iPhone, to launching one of the first cross-platform multiplayer games, we challenge ourselves to be industry leaders in creating innovative games that people can enjoy with others. Sound like your type of scene? We’re currently on the search for someone who shares our passion for collaborative fun!
We are looking for a Contract Senior Game Tester to join our team. You will be a key member of our studio - ensuring quality on our live games and important projects. You’ll lead important QA projects, and collaborate with the rest of the studio to achieve results and deliver a great experience to our players. If you’re passionate about product quality and raising the level of execution at your studio, then this is the right place for you!
- Manage tasks and testing scope for multiple testing projects
- Create and maintain test cases, test plans, and documentation for projects
- Work closely with developers, producers, product managers, and executives throughout the product lifecycle
- Responsible and accountable for final signoff for game releases
- Assist other QA members on projects as needed
- Involved in deeper level individual testing efforts of high priority features
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Minimum of 3 years game testing experience
- Good understanding of Agile Software Methodology such as Kanban and/or Scrum
- Experience with network testing, advanced client/server interaction
- Experience with UI, automation and maintenance
- Experience with social/mobile app game testing
- Experience with “Free-to-play” game mechanics and processes, particularly consistent game updating processes
- Experience in a “game as a service” and associated live operations
- Experience leading small teams with direct reports
- Experience in working within an automation framework and/or an automation tool
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, artists, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Get in on the Fun and Games!
Back to top