Contract Senior Game Tester – 3rd Party F2P
For years, Triton Studios has collaborated with developers across the globe to create and promote hit casual and mid-core mobile games. Our producers seek out the best of the best in mobile entertainment for our customers, including fan favorites Gummy Drop!, Sunken Secrets, and Midnight Castle.
Triton Studios is an integrated part of the Big Fish community (AKA “The Pond”). Located at the Seattle Headquarters in Lower Queen Anne, our offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots. Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliott Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
Ready to hit the ground running? Triton Studios is currently set to release over a dozen new titles, and we’re looking for bright new talent to jump right in!
We’re looking for someone who shares a deep interest for casual games, quality and Big Fish Games products. If you enjoy taking on new challenges and are eager to join an agile, fun, and diverse team on the forefront of casual games, we’d like to hear from you!
- Prioritizes and schedules own testing to meet team goals on a weekly basis. Works on and owns more complex features, content, and bugs. Works with stakeholders to investigate, track down, and illustrate issues that are not easily understood. Performance testing and output with defined tools and procedures. Testing of tools, third party integrations.
- Able to create and update difficult bugs using complex tools and creative testing methods. Analysis of bugs to identify likely root cause area (server, client, SDK, etc.). Works with other departments to assimilate feedback and improve bug quality.
- Write test plans for medium size and complexity items, or portions of bigger items. Write test plans for new items in testing responsibility. Plans include setup and use of all tools necessary. Reviews and gets updates made to documentation (requirements, specs, QA documentation). Review test plans of more junior testers.
- Owns progress tracking and assessment of timelines and quality for medium to small size items. Works with documentation owners to ensure accuracy. Helps define QA tool requirements on new development.
- Understands high level product architecture, and why we might test differently based on it (ie. when to test on multiple clients). QA expert in some tools, complex systems, and third party integrations. Deep understanding of platform differences and requirements.
- Facilitates playtests and demos, tracks and follows up on issues and action items. Audits bugs on owned test plans. Owns some QA processes: defining, updating, and executing. Provides time estimation and feedback on risks and workload during test planning. Takes part in initiative project teams.
- Coordinates testing effort on medium-size items that have multiple testers assigned. Monitors bug flow and trends from testers assigned to testing effort. Reacts to risks by proposing mitigating plans of action. Helps with training of new hires.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Ability to clearly communicate to team.
- Ability to complete tasks in time allotted.
- Ability to explain product areas to other disciplines when appropriate.
- Ability to accurately estimate time for test cases.
- Able to identify risks to product quality, release, and timeline and knowledge of when to escalate to appropriate team.
- Able to accurately describe bugs and find boundaries, including 'halo testing.
- Understands high level product architecture, and why we might test differently based on it (ie. when to test on multiple clients).
- Able to accurately provides time estimation and feedback on risks and workload during test planning
- Deep understanding of platform differences and requirements.
- Able to reduce potential risks by proposing mitigating plans of action through extensive knowledge of process
- Can work with other departments to assimilate and clearly articulate feedback and improve bug quality.
- Able to create and update difficult bugs using complex tools and creative testing methods. Analysis of bugs to identify likely root cause area (server, client, SDK, etc.).
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, creative-types, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top