Contract Game Tester
Epic Venture Games is a fast-paced production team that drives a large volume of content for Big Fish. Our talented designers and producers work with dozens of developers from concept to release, shaping entertaining and high-quality games. Members of the Epic Venture team are encouraged to grow and challenge themselves as individuals, while celebrating big successes as a team. We are passionate about quality, we are passionate about consistency, and we are passionate about fun!
Epic Venture is an integrated part of the Big Fish community (AKA “The Pond”). Located at the Seattle Headquarters in Lower Queen Anne, our offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots. Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliott Bay Trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a complimentary snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
Join us for an Epic Adventure you’ll never forget!
We’re looking for someone who shares a deep interest for casual games, quality and Big Fish Games products. If you enjoy taking on new challenges and are eager to join an agile, fun, and diverse team on the forefront of casual games, we’d like to hear from you!
- Logging and tracking bugs in a bug database
- Regressing and closing bugs upon completion
- Running and creating test cases against games and logging issues
- Assisting other testers on projects as needed
- Understanding game client/server interaction and testing approaches
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Minimum of 2 years game testing experience
- Minimum of 1 year mobile testing experience
- Able to work independently or in small teams effectively
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Understanding of a test cycle
- Ability to handle shifting schedules
- Ability to change tasks quickly and efficiently
- Inquisitive mindset with a passion for “Free to Play” games
- Experience with network testing, client/server interaction
- Experience working with a LiveOps environment
- Experience with social/mobile game testing
- Experience with both iOS and Android mobile testing
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Tired of playing the wrong kind of “games”? Join the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top