Consumer Insights Analyst II
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Help us grow the Consumer Insights Team! Big Fish is looking for a Consumer Insights Analyst to help provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of players in the casual and mid-core game market. You will collaborate with the game development, design, UX, and marketing teams to provide player feedback on all stages of game development and player lifecycles within the games. We are looking for a researcher experienced in the entire process of quantitative research; which includes identifying business needs, questionnaire development and implementation, data analysis, and reporting. Improve our global understanding of casual and mid-core gamers and you will be successful in this role.
- Design, write, and execute quantitative research (primarily through surveys) to support marketing and game development
- Analyze research findings to develop impactful insights that drive strategy. Evangelize key insights from research to affect game development decisions
- Develop benchmarks on attitudinal measures for games in coordination with product management
- Provide insights on who the player is as well as their preferences and behaviors within the game
- Research and track the competitive landscape to help identify areas of opportunity and to better understand the game market from the players’ point of view
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 3-5 years of quantitative market research experience or UX research focused on business solutions
- Proven experience writing and analyzing surveys and survey data with focus on business and consumer research
- Working knowledge of basic statistical analysis methods (e.g. correlation analysis, significance testing) and the components of effective survey sampling
- Strong knowledge of and experience using SPSS (or other statistical analysis software, such as R)
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative market/UX research techniques
- Experience working through all stages of the research process: design, implementation, analysis, and reporting
- Proven experience with survey tools (e.g. SurveyMonkey, SurveyGizmo.com, Qualtrics.com, Etc.)
- Ability to turn data into actionable insights and recommendations
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and proven disciplined planning skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to share research results in a clear and actionable way to a variety of audiences
- Aptitude for technology combined with solid business and marketing practices
- Desire to immerse yourself in mobile games to understand the nuances of building a fun and highly addictive game with the passion to educate business owners on the needs and wants of customers gathered through consumer research
- BA/BS required
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical methodologies (e.g. cluster analysis, factor analysis/PCA, Cronbach’s alpha)
- Experience building personas and/or journey mapping and guiding in how to implement the results into project development and marketing
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top