Business Intelligence Project Manager
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
The Big Fish Business Intelligence Team is committed to continuous improvement, both personal and professional. We use agile practices and principles to continuously improve our team and ensure we provide valuable output while maintaining an excellent work/life balance. We focus on having a culture that is both fun and promotes learning so our team can grow and have a good time doing it. We want our new team members to enjoy what they do, whether it is completing a project, participating in our learning days, or joining in on team events.
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
Big Fish is a data-driven company from the top down. We’re looking for skilled and passionate individuals who want to be more than a cog in the machine. We are seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager who can work across a range of methodologies and processes and interact with stakeholders/partners across the company. The perfect candidate will have a large amount of experience working on data warehousing projects using agile methodologies.
Big Fish Business Intelligence utilizes a variety of platforms including Netezza, Hadoop, and Tableau to solve our company’s most significant data challenges and accomplish key strategic business initiatives. We’re looking for effective communicators that like to work in an extremely collaborative team environment. You’ll have the opportunity to advance your agile skillset, guide others to improve their agile skills, facilitate external communication, improve transparency and efficiency, and have a direct impact on the business.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Strong understanding of Scrum with experience using other agile techniques such as Kanban or Scrumban.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously as part of a program.
- Experience working on delivery teams for multi-terabyte data warehouse projects.
- Experience improving delivery team efficiency and effectiveness through analysis, teaching, facilitation, and impediment removal.
- Experience assessing the process maturity of the team and organization and advancing the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Experience using advanced project management techniques for tracking, monitoring, visualizing, and improving team efficiency and communication (Proficiency in Jira and Confluence is a plus).
- Experience in large-scale software development.
- Providing leadership in project management practices and methodologies, particularly agile methodologies while being focused on team throughput and not adherence to process for process sake.
- Skilled with using various and effective techniques to facilitate meetings toward productive outcomes. This includes meetings that range in size and purpose such as one-on-one, team, and organization wide.
- Experience developing, monitoring, and acting on key project delivery metrics to provide visibility and identify areas of improvement.
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with Product Management, Engineering, IT, and business teams so that BI projects are well coordinated with external team dependencies.
A successful candidate typically has 5-8 years of concentrated work experience across most Required and some Preferred Experience areas.
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliot Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Back to top