Business Intelligence Analyst
Self Aware Games creates free-to-play games that connect people all over the world and across platforms! Our Big Fish Casino franchise tops the charts among mobile social casino games, and we keep the party going with mini-games, in-game events, and other social hits like Vegas Party Slots!
Self Aware Games joined the Big Fish community (AKA “The Pond”) in 2012. Our team is located in Big Fish’s Oakland Studio, where we happily cohabitate with our Big Fish Pond-mates in Liftoff Labs. We are perfectly situated downtown, directly next to beautiful Lake Merritt (picnic lunch, anyone?), and just two blocks from the BART (for a breezy commute)! Are you more of a two-wheeled commuter? We’ll help you keep fit and fresh with in-office bike storage and showers. We believe you must have fun to make fun, and we’ve created our studio around that idea with a wide-open workspace, breakout rooms, a dedicated massage suite, and board games, billiards and consoles galore!
From pioneering some of the first social features on the iPhone, to launching one of the first cross-platform multiplayer games, we challenge ourselves to be industry leaders in creating innovative games that people can enjoy with others. Sound like your type of scene? We’re currently on the search for someone who shares our passion for collaborative fun!
The Big Fish Business Intelligence Team is committed to continuous improvement, both personal and professional. We use agile practices and principles to continuously improve our team and ensure we provide valuable output while maintaining an excellent work/life balance. We focus on having a culture that is both fun and promotes learning so our team can grow and have a good time doing it. We want our new team members to enjoy what they do, whether it is completing a project, participating in our learning days, or joining in on team events.
Big Fish is a data-driven company from the top down. We are looking for flexible individuals that have a strategic viewpoint and are able to grow as we grow our BI and data warehouse. First and foremost you have to be passionate about working with data. Second you have to get a thrill from business people gaining insight from your reporting and analysis. Third, you need to be detail oriented.
Our Business Intelligence Analysts are responsible for applying a breadth of data extraction, restructuring, data manipulation, and analytic techniques to answer a wide range of business questions. Responsibilities for this position include business analyst duties, data analyst duties, reporting and data visualization development, and quality assurance in support of our Self Aware Games Studio. Our Analysts are effective communicators capable of independently driving issues to resolution, communicating insights to non-technical audiences, and helping non-technical users define practical analysis questions.
- Work closely with the business and assist them in investigations and consuming analytic report metrics on a regular basis.
- Apply statistical analysis for ad hoc projects in order to support business decisions.
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions and help us continue to improve gameplay
- Analyze game-specific data and proactively make recommendations to Product Managers, Game Producers, Game Designers and Marketing
- Devise and run game-specific A/B tests to directly and indirectly drive KPI improvements
- Understand and consume data from dimensional models
- Monitor and provide reporting for key metrics across mobile social games
- Write SQL for exploratory analysis and use visualization techniques to communicate insights and recommendations to business.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Experience working with business teams to identify and define problems
- Experience with analytical techniques used for data analysis and exploration
- Experience using SQL for analysis including collecting and assembling data, cleansing and formatting, and validation of results.
- Experience using descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze and present findings.
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis - knowledge of Tableau is a plus.
- Experience with effectively writing, presenting and communicating research results to other teams.
- Experience using any statistical software package (R preferred, SPSS, SAS, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience working in an analytical/research environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing, etc.
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, artists, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Tired of playing the wrong kind of “games”? Join the Pond!
Back to top