Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
We are a small team, embedded within the Game QA department, looking to expand our support functionality to include developing Enterprise-level build integration support. Working with external development teams, our challenges lie in establishing and managing standard operating procedures that enable us to scale consistently across game engines and platforms.
As the Build Engineer you will be responsible for the continuous integration environment for native iOS and Android apps. You will work with our release and tools team in designing and testing a new solution to replace our existing automation framework. Secondarily, you will support our team through iterative tool and scripting development to support our other daily tasks. The ideal candidate has the mindset of a firefighter and a keen problem solver, have a passion for going outside of their comfort zone and learning new skills, and be a team player focused on results over glory.
- Evaluate and redesign our Continuous Integration system to get in line with Apple standards and business needs. We currently use custom solutions with Jenkins as our front-end.
- Ensure the stability and reliability of the build pipeline
- Maintain Mac Minis, Mac Pros, external SSDs, and other infrastructure.
- Write scripts that do smart things. Examples might include: auto-updating machines, code-sign APKs, and gathering build metrics
- Work with Release, Corp IT, Ops, and Tools teams to build and maintain our CI infrastructure
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Knowledge of Jenkins or another Continuous Integration server
- Comfortable moving between a variety of environments and languages
- Competent in one of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Java, Objective-C, C/C++
- Knowledge of OS X Server and Xcode Server
- Knowledge of SCM systems - GIT preferred
- BA/BS Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Fastlane tools
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliot Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top