- Seattle, WA
Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Quality Engineering Team and work closely with our platform services development teams to drive the test integration efforts on various projects. This will involve building and iterating on many of the core services that our massive game audience use on a daily basis.
This position will require a diverse set of collaboration, communication and technical skills; it will also require the ideal candidate to learn about large scale integration efforts between technical teams, understand capacity and load, and contribute to / build our automation frameworks.
- Supporting complex and diverse projects to build and maintain our games infrastructure
- Helping to drive and support testing efforts across teams and projects
- Building automation, test plans, and communicating Risk
- Ability to prioritize, communicate issues, and work with stakeholders
- Attention to detail and accountability will be a must
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry
- 3+ years of coding experience in Java/OOP language
- 3+ years of professional engineering testing experience including test automation and/or infrastructure / client development
- 1+ year(s) or strong familiarity with Load and Stress testing
- 1+ year(s) of Relational Database or NoSQL experience
- DevOps experience a plus
- Experience testing end-to-end client-server applications
- Solid understanding of service development and client-server technologies
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong testing & analytic skills along with passion for high quality and collaboration
- Desire and ability to learn quickly and be part of a world-class team
- Java, Maven, TestNG, IntelliJ, Linux, Python
- Dropwizard, Jetty, Memcache, MySQL, MongoDB
- Docker, Jenkins (Blue Ocean), AWS
To succeed the ideal candidate will have very strong collaboration and communication skills with a solid enough technical background to drive integration of disparate services. They will show a strong sense of ownership and desire to learn a lot about technical integration of features across business lines. If this sounds like you, come join us in Seattle and help Big Fish Games continue to be the leader in the casual gaming space.
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top