Associate Editor, French Language
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-corespace, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios,each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming,and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
As a French Language Editor, you will work directly with our French Language Lead and Localization Department in a rapidly changing environment to ensure the quality of a large volume of new game titles destined for a variety of platforms to include content on our web portal http://www.bigfishgames.fr and mobile devices. You excel at handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Your responsibilities will be, but are not limited to, editing and proofing game content as well as ensuring that linguistic quality adheres to our high standards and guidelines, testing games on numerous platforms for linguistic and functional issues, and leading individual titles through linguistic QA for all core languages. You have a passion for linguistics and you love to take on new challenges and are eager to join an agile, fun, and culturally diverse team that is on the forefront of casual gaming.
- Perform a variety of linguistic tests on PC, iOS and Android platforms
- Create bug reports in JIRA
- Regress issues on all platforms per company guidelines
- Edit existing localized game content according to internal processes
- Maintain multiple projects simultaneously, while handling short release cycles and tight deadlines
- Provide short translations for marketing projects and in-game strings
- Proofread texts in French
- Perform linguistic Asset checks and Final checks for our PC products
- Work with other Editors to make recommendations for process improvements
- Work with various internal stakeholders to provide high quality and on-time delivery of completed products
- Handle additional projects for the Lead Language Editor as needed
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Must be fluent in English and French(native tongue strongly preferred)
- 6+ months experience working as a game tester preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Associate’s degree or linguistic field degree
- Previous translation experience
- Passionate about French!
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WRITTEN IN THE FRENCH LANGUAGE. TELL US WHY YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE AND WORKING AT BIG FISH GAMES.
Want to discover more about life at BigFish? Check us out onTheMuse.com!
Be the next BigFish in the Pond!
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top