Android Software Development Engineer
Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the world's largest producer and distributor of casual games, delivering fun to millions of people around the world. Through its mobile and online distribution platforms, Big Fish has distributed more than 2.5 billion games to customers in 150 countries from a growing catalogue of 500+ unique mobile games and 3,500+ unique PC games. After successfully transitioning from a PC-centric to a mobile-centric company, Big Fish has emerged as a top grossing mobile publisher worldwide with a portfolio that includes the #1 mobile social casino game, Big Fish Casino. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Churchill Downs Incorporated and is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA, and Luxembourg.
About the Role
The Big Fish SDK and Client Engineering team is seeking an experienced Android software developer to work on a number of current Android projects. We are looking for software engineers with extensive experience in the Android platform who are looking for a real mobile challenge. Our team is not only responsible for delivering the companies Android SDK for all our mobile games, but also has a part in Android initiatives across both game studios and Engineering as a whole. If you passionate about developing for the Android platform, and are willing to roll up your sleeves and jump in on any problem from SDK work, to our Game Finder application, to game development and everything in between, then this position might be right up your alley.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Expand our existing Android SDK with new features and feature improvements to help support game teams
- Work on new features for our Android Game Finder application
- Tackle Android related problems as they come up company wide
- Bring your Android experience to continuously drive improvements in the companies Android investments
- Provide support for integrating SDK and services into Android games
- Be a great culture fit, and collaborate with your team on a daily basis
- Strong Android application development experience
- Expert coding abilities in Java
- Strong OO design and coding skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and willingness to help debug difficult issues
- Agile/scrum methodologies
- 3+ years as a software engineer working on client applications
- Strong architecture, analytical and design skills
- 2 years of experience with agile/scrum methodologies
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
Benefits and Perks!
Here at Big Fish, we have a lot to offer, from an amazing community of coworkers who share a great passion for what we do, to killer medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits. Our perks also include state-of-the-art hardware to get the job done, transportation, parking, and fitness center discounts, and onsite beverages and snacks. We’re in the business of games and fun, so we appreciate a good work-life balance, as well as company gatherings and celebrations, games, and unexpected Nerf gun battles.
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Back to top