Android Software Development Engineer
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
The Big Fish SDK and Client Engineering team is seeking an experienced Android software developer to work on a number of current Android projects. We are looking for software engineers with extensive experience in the Android platform who are looking for a real mobile challenge. Our team is not only responsible for delivering the company's Android SDK for all our mobile games, but also has a part in Android initiatives across both game studios and Engineering as a whole. If you passionate about developing for the Android platform, and are willing to roll up your sleeves and jump in on any problem from SDK work, to our Game Finder application, to game development and everything in between, then this position might be right up your alley.
- Expand our existing Android SDK with new features and feature improvements to help support game teams
- Work on new features for our Android Game Finder application
- Tackle Android related problems as they come up company wide
- Bring your Android experience to continuously drive improvements in the companies Android investments
- Provide support for integrating SDK and services into Android games
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 2+ years of Android application development experience
- Expert coding abilities in Java
- Strong OO design and coding skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and willingness to help debug difficult issues
- Experience working on a development team that practices Agile/scrum methodologies
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years as a software engineer working on client applications
- Strong architecture, analytical and design skills
- Experience with Android SDK and/or Android Studio
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top