Senior Enterprise Account Executive, Northeast
- Statesville, NC
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
BetterUp is currently seeking high-energy, enterprise sales professionals who possess a deep understanding of business, a healthy intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of exceeding past sales targets.
BetterUp Account Executives engage with C-suite and VP level executives at global enterprise companies to generate new business revenue. AEs are quota-carrying reps responsible for the full sales cycle. They are expected to build rapport with senior-level executives, advising them on best practice business solutions, and strategically manage the sales opportunity using a consultative value-based sales approach to present solutions mapped to BetterUp offerings.
Successful BetterUp AE’s are goal-oriented, driven sales professionals who are passionate about helping others realize their full potential through professional development, enterprise learning, and positive psychology.
At BetterUp you’ll have an opportunity to work in an exciting culture, surrounded by talented, motivated and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping executives to solve their most pressing business challenges through our talent solutions.
- Manage multiple sales opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serve as the account lead for all adoption-related activities through agreement execution and account management transition.
- Lead senior executives into purchasing and deploying BetterUp through a consultative value-based sales approach.
- Work with multiple functions and/or LOB’s to create demand in the business as you leverage the executive buying cycle.
- Execute a consultative sales value-based methodology with an average sales cycle of 9 months or less.
- Prospect and build sales opportunity pipeline to meet quarterly and annual sales goals
- Create and execute on a minimum of 11 first meetings per month thru self-generation and in partnership with your aligned BDR
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Minimum 7 years of sales experience (with 5+ years of quota carrying, large enterprise software and solution sales experience)
- Track record of over-achieving (top 10% of company)
- 4-year college degree required / advanced degree is a plus
- Familiarity with the human resources function and HR consulting space is a huge asset- selling to CHRO or CLO is preferred
- Prior sales methodology training (Value-Based Selling and Challenger Sale preferred)
- An unrelenting drive to learn, succeed and lead by example
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills as well as empathy, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Technically savvy (familiarity with sales productivity tools) and specifically skilled using Salesforce to manage sales cycles
- Process-driven, meticulously organized and self-motivated
- Ability to adapt and iterate on your sales motion as you navigate a startup selling environment
- Attention to creating agreements with prospects to build a joint engagement plan and represent that outcome via strong forecasting cadence
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive base and variable compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Back to top