Learning Content Creator - Interactives (Unity)
- Flexible / Remote
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
Do you want to build games that enable human transformation? As a Learning Content Creator on the Content + Program’s team, you play a central role in creating Unity-based content experiences and development interventions for our members. You will help advance our mission of hyper personalization by creating new and innovative content experiences that are enabled by the latest technology to drive behavior change. You will ensure that we develop evidence-based content and program experiences that are both engaging and effective.
This is a creative yet detail-oriented role that requires an empathic, team player mentality, and the ability to plan and execute in a scrappy, fast-paced environment. You thrive in managing a variety of responsibilities, getting technical with new technologies, and you respond with openness, curiosity and resourcefulness to shifts in prioritization and the broader business environment. You set the bar in terms of quality and scale.
- Craft compelling, effective, on-brand learning content experiences using instructional design, UX, gaming, behavioral science principles
- Design and build on-demand, game-based content offerings that are effective and emotionally resonate with our members
- Write scripts for hyper personalized, coach-like branching narratives.
- Prototype, develop, and test learner-centric digital interventions in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Run and evaluate experiments on new content, systems, process, or feature ideas
- Evaluate the impact of your work and drive continuous improvements in partnership with our assessment and effectiveness team
- Customize our existing content to meet customer needs
- Liaise with subject matter experts to ensure that content creation and quality is aligned with BetterUp’s standards for scientific rigor
- Take ownership of ad hoc projects from end-to-end, collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional and program team stakeholders
- Effectively manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
If you have most or all of the following please apply:
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience in learning science, game design, or psychology
- Experience conceptualizing, developing, producing, and editing on-demand user-facing content, ideally on behavioral science topics
- Experience in developing game-based and personalized curricula and experiences to support learning and development
- Multi-stakeholder project management experience
- Passion for developing content related to coaching, psychology, and other fields that relate to human well-being, development and flourishing
- Comfort with ambiguity, change, and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Light media production and coding experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – must have both a curiosity and the skills to analyze and make meaning out of data and translate data into action
- Highly organized and strategic thinker with the ability to prioritize and make decisions with bias towards action
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Back to top