At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
We’re looking for an engineering leader who thrives on building world class teams to affect positive change in the world. At BetterUp we understand that true innovation comes from empowering groups of talented people to move fast and think creatively. Our managers exist to serve this end by supporting, unblocking, and pushing their teams to produce their best possible work. This could mean many different things from day to day but it does not involve simply handing out tasks to engineers for them to build. We’re seeking a leader who finds fulfillment in truly unlocking the potential of others.
What you'll do:
- Team Leader - Lead agile software processes and help refine the product and engineering roadmap to drive user value and business impact. Contextualize new information for the team and provide updates to organizational leaders. Exercise sound judgement in helping guide team direction.
- Player + Coach - Get to know your team to understand their strengths, passions, and challenges. Know when to push people to help them realize their potential and how to support them when they struggle. Foster alignment between the goals of the individual and the needs of the business wherever possible. Learn the technical architecture and contribute by building features and reviewing code.
- Talent Seeker - Recruit, hire, and maintain a diverse team of exceptional remote first engineers. Hold a high bar of excellence for your team and encourage them to hold each other accountable.
- Agent of Change - Optimize and evolve engineering culture, processes, and best practices to create an environment where engineers are elevated by the ecosystem rather than hindered by it.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Passion for coaching, education, behavioral sciences or other fields that lead to human well-being
- 10 years minimum software development experience (some of which involves leading teams)
- Proven leadership skills and strong oral and written communication
- Experience with startups and remote-first teams
- Expertise in agile software development processes (Kanban/SCRUM/Lean principles)
- Intentional prioritization and ability to deliver maximum impact with minimal effort
- Familiar with Continuous Deployment operations (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Feature Toggles)
- Deep understanding of SaaS/PaaS cloud architectures (AWS)
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.