- Flexible / Remote
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
As a Data Engineer at BetterUp, you will be joining a small team responsible for the data systems that power everything from operational efficiency of the business, to personalized product experiences, to cutting-edge behavioral research and organizational analytics. You will be responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the data stack from collection to reporting, with a focus on infrastructure and technical processes. You will be directly responsible for working with stakeholders around the business to ensure their data needs are met, define data strategies, implement data systems, and help infuse data into transformational experiences. In general, you will be responsible for understanding problems intimately, crafting a technical strategy to address problems, and facilitating high-quality technical execution.
We live by three guiding principles regarding data and analytics:
Data Accessibility: Collected data should be accessible, or appropriately inaccessible, to all services, products, and people of the organization.
Data Approachability: Data should be intuitively familiar to the observer.
Data Awareness: Cultivate a community of data-conscious practitioners.
We care very much about empowering and encouraging each and every person with data. We build for the future while delivering on high-value value objectives along the way.
- Data Unifier: Architect, assemble, assimilate, clean, and conform large, complex datasets to deliver business insights and power product experiences.
- Data Advocate: Weave data into decision-making and drive cross-functional data-oriented approaches and solutions.
- Data Protector: Design and build reliable, scalable data infrastructure with leading privacy and security techniques to safe guard data.
- Data Builder: Own the end-to-end data stack including event collection, data governance, data integrations, and modeling.
- Data Custodian: Ensure consistency and quality through metrics, documentation, processes, data testing, and training.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Experience with analytic databases (e.g. Snowflake).
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with relational databases.
- Hands-on experience developing data pipelines. We use (e.g. dbt, Airflow, Stitch Data / Singer specs) .
- Hands-on experience with event streams and stream processing (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Data Bricks, Segment).
- Decoupling transactional or source systems from business intelligence reporting (e.g. dimensional modeling).
- Experience with creating high-quality, fast services and projects in Python.
- Experience with modern business intelligence and product reporting tools (e.g. Mode, Looker, Periscope).
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Back to top