A Better Company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry; building the future of real estate and consumer credit. Our team combines leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google with a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most Americans’ lives.
A Better Opportunity
As the UX Designer, your role will be to design the digital products that borrowers use to apply for mortgages through Better, and that Better employees use to process loan applications. While user interfaces (UI) for web and mobile are the most important artifacts we create, great designers are curious people who think about the whole experience, approaching design problems from business, user and technical perspectives.
In this role you will work with product managers, engineers, and mortgage operations professionals to identify new ways to improve the experience and design the UI to make it happen.
- Creating product design artifacts such as process flows, wireframes, and prototypes
- Showing a clear understanding of goals, requirements, user profiles, and context of use
- Working effectively with mortgage operations professionals, product managers, and engineers
- Performing user research to understand user needs and evaluate design solutions for usability
- Working within and evolving Better design standards
Attributes We Value
- High level of skill in interaction design, visual design, front-end development, or another UX discipline
- Secondary skills in at least one other UX discipline
- Experience designing transactional applications for both desktop and mobile screens
- Strong portfolio of work showing design artifacts such as process flows, high-fidelity wireframes, and functional prototypes
- Knowledge of Material Design standards is preferred, experience with an established design language is required
- Understanding of qualitative user research methods
- Experience with data visualization practices is a plus
- Proficiency working in Mac OS with software tools such as Sketch (or another wireframing tool) and Axure (or another prototyping tool)
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field is preferred
Back to top