A Better Opportunity
Our application needs a voice, and we’re looking for a talented UX copywriter to provide one. We’re a fast-growing consumer financial technology company with a strong sense of our identity and target market. We’ve processed over $1 billion in mortgage loans; providing us with the experience to understand the unique UX challenges of simplifying a complicated process through design and text. We’re looking for a UX copywriter that has previous experience writing for a consumer product. Someone who is sensitive to the balance of making a complicated process feel light while maintaining a tone that respects the seriousness of a $500,000+ transaction online. Easy, right?
You would report directly to the Head of UX, work within our product team and collaborate with our marketing copywriter and brand copywriter to maintain a consistent voice throughout the entire experience. You should be able to think about copy in systems, including establishing and maintaining styles for buttons, headers, descriptive copy or any other system of copy we use throughout the application. You’ll have the opportunity to own the product voice and establish a thoughtful tone throughout our product.
Attributes we value
The ideal candidate always puts the user first, and has a genuine desire to make change for good through great communication. A link to examples of work is required as part of your application. In addition, we are looking for:
- Experience creating and evolving voice guidelines
- Experience with complicated concepts
- Consumer application experience
- Technical writing ability
- Business goal oriented
- Experience writing personas
- Comfortable taking direction and criticism
- Comfortable providing rationales
- A desire to learn from others
- Ability to help/teach others
- Ability to win over co-workers to the importance of great copy
- Comfortable working with product managers
- Comfortable learning from A/B testing
- Ability to execute ideas quickly
- 5+ years of experience
A Better company
It’s hard not to be excited about mortgages when you’re actively upending the conventions of a $13 trillion dollar business that impacts over 200 million Americans.
At Better, we’re building a next-generation mortgage platform from the ground up. We’ve already funded $1 billion in loans, and we’re just getting started. Our team combines leading software engineers from tech giants like Google and Spotify with financial talent from firms like Blackstone and Bridgewater, creating a hybrid institution unlike any other.
Rife with antiquated processes, the home finance industry has remained fundamentally unchanged since the 1970s. As we break down the entrenchments that bar so many from the benefits of homeownership, we adhere to three basic principles:
- Humans are better than computers at expressing empathy, understanding individual situations, and creating solutions to help people. Let them.
- Computers are more efficient than humans at working with massive data sets, performing complex calculations, and validating thousands of rules. Use them.
- The rules of the status quo are broken. Change them.
Join our mortgage revolution.
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Founder & CEO
It's not just about having the best idea—it's about actually making it happen.
Back to top