A Better Company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry; building the future of real estate and consumer credit. Our team combines leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google with a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most Americans’ lives.
A Better Opportunity
Better is looking for a Talent Associate to join our talent practice. In this role you will be providing full cycle recruitment support to our various departments, helping to grow internal teams and continually improve performance. You will be responsible for finding top talent and ensuring each candidate has a positive experience throughout the hiring process.
- Manage our candidate database via Greenhouse
- Review resumes, cover letters, and applications
- Tailor and post job listings for open positions
- Update and manage candidate pipeline
- Follow up with candidates for interviews and guide them through the hiring process
- Schedule interviews
- Greet and host candidates during onsite interviews
- Find new candidates through the use of social media and networking
- Think outside of the box to find talent at every opportunity
Attributes We Value
- Remarkable organizational skills and relentless drive to improve efficiency
- Strong written and communication skills
- High personal integrity
- A record of academic achievement
- Experience working in a start up and/or fast-paced environment
- Experience working with and recruiting engineers and other highly technical roles a plus
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Head of Product
Fil filters the needs and preferences of users to the engineers who build Better’s features. He also works with the Operations Team to improve productivity and tighten the iteration cycle.
Back to top