A Better company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry by simultaneously building the future of real estate and upgrading the consumer credit experience. Our team integrates leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google into a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience, creating an institution unlike any other. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and the goal of making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most people's lives.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for an Staff Accountant to develop a solid financial foundation for our fast growing fintech company. Your experience covers a range of topics, including hands-on involvement with the entire monthly reporting cycle, financial statement preparation, budget variance analysis, accounting and internal controls. Your diligence, resourcefulness, and organization will allow you to foster Better’s growth with innovation and attention to the company’s changing needs.
Responsibilities will include
- Owning the month end close process from bookkeeping activities through consolidation of monthly financial statements across multiple entities
- Designing systems and processes to streamline monthly close - build yourself out of the job
- Collaborating with department heads and leveraging knowledge of financial reporting standards to shape our accounting policies and procedures
- Supporting financial planning and budget setting process
Attributes we value
- 2-4 years of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm
- High integrity
- Familiarity with modern accounting softwares (Quickbooks experience preferred) and journal entry creation
- Ability to operate autonomously, handle ambiguity and make decisions
- Startup experience a plus
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Founder & CEO
It's not just about having the best idea—it's about actually making it happen.
Back to top