A Better Company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry; building the future of real estate and consumer credit. Our team combines leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google with a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most Americans’ lives.
A Better Opportunity
Help us hack a twelve trillion dollar industry by building a product that will positively impact millions of people. Our company is still small, and you will be a big part of defining the technical direction and culture. We offer highly competitive compensation and full benefits, as well as meaningful equity. We also provide yummy lunch every day (today is Korean BBQ!).
- Open source authors of popular projects like Luigi and Holder
- Alumni of Spotify, Google, Founders Fund, and Microsoft
- A Head of Engineering who writes a fun blog
- A Head of Product who builds cool stuff
- We ship code daily
- Node.js for the main app
- Python (3.5) and Scala for services
- Ember.js, Bootstrap, and SCSS on the frontend
- ES6 across the stack
- Postgres for the database
- Kubernetes, for deployment and devops
- AWS for infrastructure, leveraging EC2, S3, SWF, CloudFront, Route53, and much more
Better Projects You Could Own
- Use tools like D3 to guide consumers through the biggest purchase in their lives
- Use machine learning for home valuations, pricing risk, and fraud detection
- Build a real time notification system to notify the borrower of updates
- Experiment with tools to do OCR on documents
If you’re interested in solving complex problems that have a real world impact, get in touch!
Back to top