A Better Company
Better is revolutionizing the $12 trillion mortgage business. Americans pay more money for housing than they do for almost all other things combined – 33% of personal consumption expenditure. Yet somehow the mortgage process still takes 49 days, costs over $5,000 in administrative fees, and requires over 225 pages of paper and endless phone calls with commissioned loan brokers. We think this is insane – so we’re fixing it.
First, we bought an existing mortgage bank and brought on the best engineers from companies like Spotify and Google. Now, we’re leveraging advances in data science, machine learning and UX design to make mortgages simple, transparent, and delightful. We currently give consumers rates in 3 and approvals in 30 – seconds, not days. Last month alone, we funded over $60 million in mortgages. This coming year we will do over $1 billion – and we’re just getting started.
Help make financing a home better for all Americans.
A Better Opportunity
Help us hack a twelve trillion dollar industry by building a product that will positively impact millions of people. Our company is still small, and you will be a big part of defining the technical direction and culture. We offer highly competitive compensation and full benefits, as well as meaningful equity. We also provide yummy lunch every day (today is Korean BBQ!).
- Open source authors of popular projects like Luigi and Holder
- Alumni of Spotify, Google, Founders Fund, and Microsoft
- A Head of Engineering who writes a fun blog
- A Head of Product who builds cool stuff
- We ship code daily
- Node.js for the main app
- Python (3.5) and Scala for services
- Ember.js, Bootstrap, and SCSS on the frontend
- ES6 across the stack
- Postgres for the database
- Kubernetes, for deployment and devops
- AWS for infrastructure, leveraging EC2, S3, SWF, CloudFront, Route53, and much more
Better Projects You Could Own
- Use tools like D3 to guide consumers through the biggest purchase in their lives
- Use machine learning for home valuations, pricing risk, and fraud detection
- Build a real time notification system to notify the borrower of updates
- Experiment with tools to do OCR on documents
If you’re interested in solving complex problems that have a real world impact, get in touch!
Back to top