Senior IT Support Engineer
A Better company
We believe homeownership is valuable. Here’s why: Not only has homeownership historically been one of the most reliable ways to build wealth, it also strengthens ties to the community and contributes positively to overall well-being. The way the mortgage industry operates today makes it harder and harder for people to consider homeownership -- so we set out to change that. The traditional mortgage process is designed to confuse, riddled with unnecessary fees, takes too much time, and is built on a foundation of misaligned incentive structures. It’s time Americans had a Better option.
A Better option is one that puts customers in control of the largest financial transaction of their lives. It’s built with best-in-class technology, supported by non-commissioned staff, and offers affordable financing options that meet customers where they are.
Since 2016, we’ve already funded over $1B in loans, raised $75M in capital, and won the NerdWallet Best Online Mortgage Lender for Customer Service and we’re just getting started.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isn’t easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for a self driven person to help us build, maintain, and oversee our IT function. This person will work strategically with our IT team to make sure our IT practices stay aligned with business needs. The ideal candidate is a customer-experience driven, technical person who can manage day-to-day operations and provide tech support to end users across the organization. This person should be comfortable multi-tasking, able to maintain high attention to detail, and be resourceful as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support OS X and Windows users (e.g. software installs and VPN troubleshooting)
- Provision, manage, troubleshoot Internal equipment
- Enforce best practices of IT security
- Provision and support of VOIP telephony and conference equipment
- Support wired and wireless networks
- Asset management and procurement
Attributes we value
- 2-3 Years Experience
- Fluent in English (Orally & Written)
- Experience in fast paced environments
- Experience with Group policy & Security groups
- Understands basic networking (Experience with VLANs, Subnets, Firewalls)
- Scripting/Platform API experience
- Able to write and maintain documentation
- Preference for those who have worked with overseas IT offices in the past
- Preference for those who have worked in companies that require compliance
- Basic AWS Experience preferred
- Command line proficiency
- Knowledge of identity management/authentication systems (LDAP/Radius)
Bonus Points for:
- Desire to learn new technology
- Passion for open source software
- Comfortable communicating with and managing remote offices
Back to top