Senior Front End Engineer
A Better company
We believe homeownership is valuable. Here’s why: Not only has homeownership historically been one of the most reliable ways to build wealth, it also strengthens ties to community and contributes positively to overall well-being. The way the mortgage industry operates today makes it harder and harder for people to consider homeownership -- so we set out to change that. The traditional mortgage process is designed to confuse, riddled with unnecessary fees, takes too much time, and is built on a foundation of misaligned incentive structures. It’s time Americans had a Better option.
A Better option is one that puts customers in control of the largest financial transaction of their lives. It’s built with best-in-class technology, supported by non-commissioned staff, and offers affordable financing options that meet customers where they are.
Since 2016, we’ve already funded over $1B in loans, raised $75M in capital, and won the NerdWallet Best Online Mortgage Lender for Customer Service and we’re just getting started.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isn’t easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.
A Better opportunity
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life. Our tech team is small, and you will be a big part of defining the technical direction and culture. We encourage proposals for projects off the beaten path, experimentation with different frameworks and libraries, and doing as you see fit to solve problems.
We are working hard to make the mortgage experience extraordinary, and we need great front-end engineers to do it. Every behavior and interaction matters in helping our borrowers easily navigate a complex process. As part of our tech team, you will play a key role in helping us create delightful experiences in a sound and scalable way.
We also offer above-market compensation and equity, as well as full benefits. Part-time remote is great with us, although we are looking for candidate who can spend some significant fraction of your time at our office in Soho, NYC.
Attributes we value
Previously a Tech Lead, Architect, or Senior Engineer on a high profile commercial web product or platform
Previously a senior contributor to a high ranked FE framework open source project (i.e. Ember, D3, Angular)
- You have keen product sense and know when a feature works and when it can be improved.
- You have a good visual and aesthetic sense – a portfolio of past projects is a huge bonus.
- You’re really detail-oriented. Like really detail-oriented.
- You’re obsessed with shipping fast, smooth, seamless experiences.
- You have great interpersonal skills and a willingness to go above and beyond when collaborating with designers and engineers.
- You have extensive experience with at least one of the following: Ember, React, D3, Backbone.
- You have some experience with Node.js.
- Bonus points if you have computer graphics, motion graphics, or mobile experience.
- You can be a trusted partner to other engineers - everybody works on every part of the product.
Back to top