Sales Development Representative - San Francisco
A Better company
It’s hard not to be excited about mortgages when you’re actively upending the conventions of a $13 trillion dollar business that impacts over 200 million Americans.
At Better, we’re building a next-generation mortgage lender from the ground up. Our team combines leading software engineers from tech giants like Google and Spotify with financial talent from firms like Blackstone and Bridgewater, creating a hybrid institution unlike any other.
Rife with antiquated processes, the home finance industry has remained fundamentally unchanged since the 1970s. As we break down the entrenchments that bar so many from the benefits of homeownership, we adhere to three basic principles:
- Humans are better than computers at expressing empathy, understanding individual situations, and creating solutions to help people. Let them.
- Computers are more efficient than humans at working with massive data sets, performing complex calculations, and validating thousands of rules. Use them.
- The rules of the status quo are broken. Change them.
Join our mortgage revolution.
A Better opportunity
Our fast-growing loan consultant team continually questions, innovates and iterates on how to bring best-in-class service to the mortgage industry. As part of the team, you’ll be on the front lines of making every borrower’s mortgage experience better, empowering them to make one of the most important financial decisions of their life. You will be the first point of contact for potential borrowers, learning about their financing needs and educating them on how Better can be part of their home buying journey. Your work will expose you to other critical pieces of a technology company, such as product, engineering, and marketing, giving you many opportunities to share customer insights and ultimately improve Better's core technology and message.
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as the leading edge of personal engagement with prospective borrowers that have completed a 3-minute, digital pre-approval application
- Reach out to prospective borrowers via phone, email and text to gain an understanding of their needs and educate them on Better’s value proposition
- Prospect and identify potential borrowers to contact
- Contribute to the design and delivery of messaging and re-targeting campaigns
- Work with Loan Consultants to convert qualified leads to customers
- Represent the borrower’s voice in collaborative improvement efforts with ops, tech, product, and marketing
Attributes we value
This position will require sophisticated interaction with both the software that we’re building and the clients we’re serving.
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The desire to crush it
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Founder & CEO
It's not just about having the best idea—it's about actually making it happen.
Back to top